Following is a snapshot of the front page, but you should click through to see the real thing. Readers, Colleagues, Media Partners & Friends: It is with deep appreciation for your help, encouragement, readership and support over the past three years that I am tasked with announcing the suspension of operations at the Nevada News Bureau.In short, we have been unable to secure the funds we would need to continue operating in 2013. More than two dozen Nevada newspapers and websites have been regularly publishing our stories this past year, and I regret that we will no longer be able to provide them with free, non-partisan content about Nevada government and politics.Brian Sandoval today released budget data that had been sought by state lawmakers after a weeks-long disagreement over whether the information was public.The state Budget Office posted the “items for special consideration” data on its website at noon.
I am delighted to inform all wayward visitors to this page that we are resurrecting Nevada News Bureau, Inc. The new website will launch on Tuesday, January 17, 2017, on the day of Governor Sandoval’s State of the State address.Photo: Conor Ogle (Continue reading…) CARSON CITY – The Nevada State Democratic Party today said Gov.Brian Sandoval should immediately disclose state agency budget requests to the Legislature and public.Assemblywoman Michele Fiore, R- Las Vegas, elected to Assembly District 4 in November, has submitted a bill draft request to prepare a measure for consideration in the 2013 legislative session.The one-line description for the request says: “Authorizes the possession of a concealed firearm on property of the Nevada System of Higher Education under certain circumstances.” Fiore, a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association, made 2nd Amendment rights a key part (Continue reading…) CARSON CITY – Nevada casinos took in 8.8 million from gamblers in October, eking out a modest 1.9 percent increase over the same month in 2011, the Gaming Control Board reported today.